EPIC India is seeking a full-time Senior Research Associate to perform analysis for and advance development of our Air Quality Life Index Program. This award-winning program generates an annual report synthesizing the state of global air quality in countries across the world, creates regionally tailored analyses, maintains an interactive website, engage community members in virtual and in-person settings, and shares the underlying data and analyses in an open format on GitHub.
The ideal candidate possesses a mix of air pollution, economics, analytical, data science, interpersonal & communications skills and is passionate about applying their technical skills and engaging with partners with diverse backgrounds to convey the impact of air pollution on life expectancy. The candidate will have fluency in one or more computer languages (e.g., R, Python) and comfort working and maintaining an open-source GitHub organization and repositories within.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Environment Policy, Science, Data Science, or another related field.
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- Demonstrated interest in energy and environment policy, especially air pollution.
- Experience working on projects in an open-source environment with an existing portfolio on GitHub.
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Strong communication, and presentation skills
About the organisation
EPIC India is an environmental and energy economics research group based at the Trust in New Delhi, India. EPIC India’s mission is to work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify and rigorously evaluate innovative solutions to India’s most pressing energy and environmental problems. Through these activities, EPIC India aims to identify high-value academic research opportunities for the community and communicate EPIC research findings to create lasting impacts on Indian energy and environmental policy.