Senior Research Analyst – Electric Mobility
Center for Study of Science, Technology and Policy (CSTEP)
3 Sept 2022
30 Sept 2022
The Electric Mobility group is looking for a motivated researcher to support the team in conducting studies that drive India’s transition to green mobility by:
· Projecting and forecasting future scenarios of electric vehicle adoption, using various transportation and economic tools;
· Simulating energy consumption of various vehicle types;
· Performing cost-benefit analysis and total cost of ownership analysis, using economic models;
· Performing GIS-based spatial analysis for infrastructure planning;
· Exploring various business models for green energy integration into charging infrastructure;
· Simulating power demand arising from electric vehicle adoption.
· Collect primary or secondary data for creating an extensive database and to perform various analyses.
· Assist and/or independently perform qualitative and quantitative analysis that contribute to the objectives of the team.
· Publish blogs, article, journal papers, reports, etc. that communicate the findings of the work and promote green mobility.
· Produce project reports and presentations to engage with stakeholders and policymakers.
A Master's or higher degree in disciplines relevant to energy management, infrastructure development, transport planning, or urban economics.
At least 2 years of experience in the mobility sector, with a strong track record of research projects in the mobility and energy domain. Adequate understanding of electric vehicle technology, charging infrastructure, and the related policy landscape in India, is desirable.
· Working knowledge of spatial analysis tools (GIS) and data analysis tools (Advanced Excel, SPSS, Python, R)
· Ability to write reports, briefs, and make presentations
· Strong organisational, and verbal and written communication skills