The selected candidate will focus on the scientific analysis of air pollution sources by using different methods and tools- i.e., air pollution emissions inventories, activity analysis, air pollution modeling, and monitoring. The candidate will work closely with the air quality scientists and researchers.
The candidate will actively participate in data collection, data analysis, writing scientific research articles, reports, and proposals. The candidate will be required to independently manage research studies, scientific publications and represent WRI India at various national and international platforms.
Required Attributes & Qualifications
- D./Master’s degree in Atmospheric Science, Environmental Sciences, and Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum 04 years, after a Ph.D., or 07 years, after a Master degree, of highly relevant, full-time work experience in developing emissions inventories, activity analysis, source apportionment study. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Strong communication with an exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing, with fluency in English.
- A highly organized and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to understand and transfer skills and knowledge to a breadth of specialty areas
- Ability to independently lead, design and draft research proposals and studies
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build a strong network of professional relationships
- Comfort working with the staff at all levels of experience
- Ability to travel when needed
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 1 Year extendable based on performance
Potential Salary: 11,00,000 to 13,00,000 INR CTC
About the organisation
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.