WRI India’s Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration program aims to protect, maintain and restore landscapes to secure the livelihoods of 700 million people directly dependent on forests and agriculture and strengthen India’s environmental well-being. As part of this program, WRI India aims to catalyze a political and social movement to restore vitality to fragmented, un-productive and deteriorated landscapes in India. These lands can be restored into healthy mosaics of sustainable agriculture, agroforestry landscapes (or mixed-forest agriculture), and restored forest ecosystems generating economic, ecological, and social benefits to people and planet. While restoration involves improvements to physical landscapes, a diversity of people must be at the center of the solutions.
WRI India is looking to recruit a Senior Program Associate, with an advanced degree in development studies, environmental governance, public policy, or related fields and four years of full-time, relevant post-study work experience to strengthen the enabling ecosystem for implementing landscape restoration in three states of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra as a critical Nature-based Solution (NbS).
Qualifications and requirements
- Master's degree in Development Studies, Environmental Governance, Public Policy/Law, Natural Resource Management, or similar fields
- At least 6 years of experience in policy research, specifically in the environmental social sciences
- Knowledge of and past experience with quantitative and qualitative tools for both primary and secondary research.
- Knowledge of landscape restoration, forestry, and agriculture is essential.
- Ability to synthesize and present complex information in a clear and concise manner, suitable for diverse audiences.
- Excellent writing skills in English and Hindi. Working knowledge of Marathi preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and coherently, particularly in formal and informal writing.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to take initiative, brainstorm, think creatively and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Responsible, self-motivated, respectful, and efficient.
About the organisation
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.