CSTEP is looking for a highly motivated environmental policy and sustainability analyst to contribute to our mission of achieving clean air for all through evidence-backed insights. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in policy analysis, financial analysis, and techno-economic assessment.
- Develop and implement quantitative models to simulate the impact of various air pollution policies and regulations.
- Create different scenarios, considering factors such as emission controls, industrial regulations, transportation changes, etc.,
- Conduct techno-economic analyses to assess the potential outcomes of these scenarios.
- Evaluate trade-offs between different strategies and recommend optimal solutions.
- Develop scenario-based action plans to adapt to changing environmental and economic conditions effectively.
- Collaborate with researchers and statisticians to incorporate air-pollution scenarios into their modelling exercise.
- Engage with stakeholders to formulate data-driven policy recommendations aligned with air-pollution mitigation goals.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to influence policy decisions.
- Monitor media and government websites for the latest policy developments and announcements in the air-pollution sector.
- Prepare comprehensive reports, tables, and charts to present research results.
Master's in Sustainability, Public Policy, Environmental Studies, or a related discipline. Minimum 3 years of experience working in a professional organisation that is involved in performing similar policy analysis as described under responsibilities.
- Analytical skills: proficient in reviewing data, identifying patterns, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Critical-thinking skills: ability to provide rapid policy-scenario analysis and present research findings in various formats.
- Excellent command over understanding technology in various sectors contributing to pollution (transportation, domestic fuel consumption, industries, waste burning, etc.).
- Ability to manage work in multiple projects simultaneously with efficiency.
- Capacity to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines when necessary.
- Demonstrated expertise in environmental and technology analysis, with a sound grasp of communication strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
About the organisation
CSTEP is one of India’s leading think tanks, with a mission to enrich policymaking with innovative approaches using science and technology for a sustainable, secure and inclusive society. Our young and dynamic research team works in the areas of climate, environment, sustainability, energy, AI for social impact and new materials. Our research aims to leverage the power of technology through socially relevant and innovative ideas, to both understand and solve current and future developmental issues. Our vision is to be the foremost institution for policy analysis in India. CSTEP is recognised as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. The Center is supported by the grants from domestic and international foundations, industry trusts and governments.