TERI is looking for a dynamic candidate for the post of Project Associate in its transport vertical (Centre for Sustainable Mobility) who has good communication and analytical skills along with an interest in the transportation research, including energy and emissions modelling. She/He should be open for traveling on need basis.
The role will involve research on sustainable transportation in India, including decarbonization strategies, policy research, energy losses, energy efficiency, and renewable energy in the specific field of Ports and Shipping. The role will involve rigorous analytical work – preparation of DPRs, Consultation with Stakeholders, developing research papers/presentations, combined with interactions with government and private stakeholders to aid policymaking in in the ports and shipping sector.
Brief outline of responsibilities:
-Literature review of various national and international reports and papers relevant to assigned project requirements
-Collection of primary and secondary data related to ports and shipping sector
- Masters in Economics, ideally with focus in transport or energy economics, Masters in Transport Planning Or any other relevant degree
- Working knowledge of MS Words and MS PowerPoint
- Preparation of decision making tools and dashboards using MS Excel
- Understanding of Econometrics and data analysis [Desirable: Working knowledge of tools/software (R, Stata, Python, BI, etc.)]
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Team player and ability to meet short and long term goals with flexible working hours.
About the organisation
TERI is an independent, multi-dimensional organization, with capabilities in research, policy, consultancy and implementation. We are innovators and agents of change in the energy, environment, climate change and sustainability space, having pioneered conversations and action in these areas for over four decades.
We believe that resource efficiency and waste management are the keys to smart, sustainable and inclusive development. Our work across sectors is focused on
- Promoting efficient use of resources
- Increasing access and uptake of sustainable inputs and practices
- Reducing the impact on environment and climate
Our research, and research based solutions have had a transformative impact on industry as well as communities. We have fostered international collaboration on sustainability action by creating a number of platforms and forums. We do this by translating our research into technology products, technical services, as well as policy advisory and outreach. Headquartered in New Delhi, we have regional centres and campuses in Gurugram, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Mumbai, Panaji, and Nainital.