CEEW seeks to hire a suitable candidate as a Programme Associate/ Research Analyst to support its research programme on clean cooking energy transition under the Air Quality team. The programme is on a mission to support the universal transition of Indian households to clean cooking energy fuels, with the objective of mitigating the adverse implications of solid fuel use on human and environmental health. The Council’s past work on energy access clearly lays out the varied challenges to the uptake of clean cooking fuels (such as LPG and electric cooking). In its next phase, the cooking energy transition programme would focus on devising suitable interventions (such as subsidy targeting, devising innovative incentive mechanisms for LPG distributors, or strategies to support the uptake of solar/grid-powered cooking) to address the persisting barriers and support their on-ground implementation.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in economics, development economics, energy economics, statistics, public policy, or related disciplines. Candidates with only under graduation in engineering/ economics/statistics with relevant research/data skills will also be considered for the research analyst position
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in a programme associate role and at least 1-3 years of work experience in a research analyst role; experience in survey design/execution and data analysis is strongly desirable
- Familiarity with the literature on clean cooking energy transition and various quantitative and qualitative research methods is strongly desirable
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Excel and any statistical software (Python/R/STATA) are a must. Experience with visualisation tools like Tableau and spatial analysis tools would be a bonus
- Must have strong research skills – the capability to carry out a systematic literature review and understanding of research methods
- Knowledge of econometric modelling (desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to summarise and communicate the insights/findings as reports, policy briefs and presentations
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills; ability to engage with senior officials and business leaders in the clean cooking energy access sector – at the state as well as national level
- Proficiency in Hindi and English
About the organisation
The Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) is one of Asia’s leading not-for-profit policy research institutions. The Council uses data, integrated analysis, and strategic outreach to explain – and change – the use, reuse, and misuse of resources. The Council addresses pressing global challenges through an integrated and internationally focused approach. It prides itself on the independence of its high-quality research, develops partnerships with public and private institutions, and engages with the wider public.