The Programme Officer will be working with a diverse set of stakeholders in their efforts towards reducing air pollution levels through policy analysis, data tracking and research support, along with strategic inputs to the overall programme of the organisation in India as well as to other groups working on air pollution issues in India.
The mission of the Programme Officer will also include:
- Tracking air pollution and associated policies and programmes in India at national, regional, state and city levels and converting the data and ongoing developments into research that would help stakeholders.
- Keep track of data and developments on energy and air pollution-related issues in India and help the team with suggestions to formulate a work plan and strategy for moving towards clean air and a faster energy transition towards sustainable energy sources.
- Identifying and reaching out to potential partners, understanding research requirements from different partner organisations and coordinating internally with CREA research/data teams for the delivery.
- Managing projects and outputs related to air pollution for CREA when necessary.
- Organising online/offline events to enhance research skills and collaboration among partner organisations.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Excellent networking skills and experience in partnership building and coordination
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in the air pollution or energy sector with a minimum experience of one year in leading a programme or research output
- Strong research and critical thinking skills
- Experience in data analysis
- Strong communication and research writing skills
- Deep interest in climate change and the energy transition
- Results-focused, respectful, and high-quality work ethic in an autonomous workplace
About the organisation
CREA is an independent research organisation focused on revealing the trends, causes, and health impacts, as well as the solutions to air pollution. We use scientific data, research and evidence to support the efforts of governments, companies and campaigning organisations worldwide in their efforts to move towards clean energy and clean air. We believe that effective research and communication are the key to successful policies, investment decisions and advocacy efforts.