India Clean Air Connect aims to help unlock barriers to air quality action in India at scale
Our goal is to support greater coordination, & collaboration across people working on air quality from diverse expertise and geographies
Visit the air quality champion map
India Clean Air Connect is a response to air quality convenings hosted by the India Climate Collaborative, Clean Air Fund, ClimateWorks Foundation and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in 2019 and 2020.
India's air pollution is not limited to one city or one source
Solving for India's air pollution crisis means:
Aligning efforts across different disciplines to address multiple sources of pollution
Improving air quality in all 124 non-attainment cities, 73 polluted industrial clusters and more
Amplifying and strengthening existing efforts and networks
124 Non-attainment cities
73 Critically polluted industrial clusters
If your work seeks to improve India’s air quality through communication, advocacy, research, policy change, planning, litigation, community engagement or market-based solutions, join #IndiaCleanAirConnect
The ideal candidate will be a part of the team leading A-PAG’s interventions in Delhi-NCR, it will be your responsibility to ensure the successful implementation of our programs. To do this, you will work closely with the leadership at municipal corporations in the NCR. Implementation of A-PAG’s dispersed sources program would be a priority; in addition to this you would have the opportunity to devise and pilot new interventions which are scalable and target other sources of air pollution in the region. This individual should be able to foresee any problems related to the completion of a project and act in a timely manner to mitigate any issues.
- Program Strategy and Implementation: Working with leadership in your zones you would need to ensure all processes are put into place and all planned actions are carried out in a time bound manner. You will engage very closely with the leadership within the MCs to identify any problem areas, share recommendations and ensure corrective action is implemented.
- Team Management: You would be supported by a Program Associate(s) to achieve the intended outcomes of the project and would be responsible for their guidance and development.
- Stakeholder Management: You will be expected to build relationships with officials ranging from the operational levels of these organizations (Ex. Junior Engineers, Sanitary Inspectors) to the leadership (Ex. Deputy Commissioners, Chairmen) and drive these engagements to ensure success.. You will also support the MCs in coordinating with other agencies in the region (Ex. PWD, CPWD, DDA).
- Monitoring and Review: Putting in place a robust monitoring and review process will be a key priority. You will be responsible to ensure structured reviews are held in your area in order to make progress towards resolving the issues identified on ground.
- Program Expansion: While engaging with leadership across multiple government organizations you would have visibility to understand problem areas and develop deep insights. You would be expected to translate these into action and pilot new initiatives which target air pollution in the NCR.
- Vendor Management: The project is supported by third parties at multiple levels. You will be. responsible to guide and oversee the functioning of these third-party vendors.
- Work experience in the space of environment/ program implementation is critical.
- Bachelor's degree 3+ years of experience in program management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
About the organisation
A-PAG is a foundation that has been set up to help reduce air pollution in India. Our initial focus is on the Indo-Gangetic plain; that’s because the issue here is even more acute than it is around the country. Unlike a number of other civic organisations who work on environmental issues, our emphasis is entirely on air pollution.