The selected candidate will work with WRI India in supporting City governments to implement policies and projects focusing to enhance air quality in cities. The candidate will lead partnerships with cities and will work closely with City and State government officials and other stakeholders, support framing air quality strategies and enable implementation. In overall, will provide all the support required in enabling municipal action for improving air quality such as, monitoring systems, identification, and source attribution, emissions inventories, activity analysis, air pollution modeling, collect and analyze data for preparing action plans and sectoral action plans, identify sectoral partnerships, engage for citizen participation, prepare detailed project reports, support implementation, measure impacts, evaluate and communicate the learnings.
The candidate will actively undertake research and identify newer activities to further the understanding on air quality in Indian cities. Will prepare technical documents, presentations, data analysis tools, communicate in the public domain, engage with partners and other stakeholders to support the agenda for clean air. The candidate will be required to independently manage for results and take responsibilities to ensure deliverables of team members.
- PhD, master’s degree in environmental sciences, Public Policy, Urban/ Environmental Planning, Economic Development, or a related discipline.
• Minimum 7 years of highly relevant, full-time work experience. International work/study experience will be valuable.
• Work experience in developing emissions inventories, activity analysis, source apportionment study, developing air quality action plans. Prior working with municipal corporation generating DPRs will be useful with program implementation and project management experience.
• Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively.
• Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing, with fluency in English.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
• Ability to understand and transfer skills and knowledge to a breadth of specialty areas.
• Ability to independently lead, design and draft research proposals and studies.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build a strong network of professional relationships.
• Comfort working with staff at all levels of experience.
• Willingness to travel whenever required in short notice.
About the organisation
WRI India is a research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being.