India Clean Air Connect aims to help unlock barriers to air quality action in India at scale
Our goal is to support greater coordination, & collaboration across people working on air quality from diverse expertise and geographies
Visit the air quality champion map
India Clean Air Connect is a response to air quality convenings hosted by the India Climate Collaborative, Clean Air Fund, ClimateWorks Foundation and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in 2019 and 2020.
India's air pollution is not limited to one city or one source
Solving for India's air pollution crisis means:
Aligning efforts across different disciplines to address multiple sources of pollution
Improving air quality in all 124 non-attainment cities, 73 polluted industrial clusters and more
Amplifying and strengthening existing efforts and networks
124 Non-attainment cities
73 Critically polluted industrial clusters
If your work seeks to improve India’s air quality through communication, advocacy, research, policy change, planning, litigation, community engagement or market-based solutions, join #IndiaCleanAirConnect
This is a technical research and stakeholder management position within the electric mobility team at WRI India.
The work involves:
• Assist and/or carry out qualitative and quantitative research in identified areas of work including development of publication plan, research report, technical papers etc.
• Write knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data-products) – independently and in partnership with the electric mobility team
• Liaise with stakeholders and industry experts to produce project reports and presentations.
• Assisting in organizing events, workshops, webinars, etc. and developing presentations/ discussion materials for the same
• Provide support / collaborate with other team members
- Master’s degree in relevant areas such as business management, economics, or finance with an excellent academic track record
- 2-4 years of practical work experience preferably in the domains of transport, public infrastructure or policy research
- The candidate should have a good grasp on the electric mobility industry and policy landscape in India or the candidate should be willing to quickly learn new topics pertinent to electric mobility to help the team under tight timelines.
- Background in academic research, advisory or consulting is preferred.
- Should have experience in writing reports, briefs, and making presentations
- Excellent writing and spoken skills in English to coherently convey complex information to a technical and policy audience
- Responsible and self-motivated individual that can work independently or in a team
- Ability to receive and incorporate constructive feedback effectively
About the organisation
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru Program