OpenAQ Community Ambassadors are individuals who are committed to using air quality data to create positive change in the fight against air inequality over the course of the fellowship and beyond. Ambassadors must be located in a low- or middle-income country and can come from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and work in any sector (nonprofit, public or private).
- An early-career professional working in air quality, or a profession that relates closely to air quality, where using air quality data can support your work
- Dedicated to raising awareness of air pollution challenges in your local community
- Willing to lead a project, participate in all activities, and share your progress
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with air quality decision-makers
- A resident of a low- or middle-income country as classified by the World Bank
- Familiar with the OpenAQ Platform (a plus, but not a prerequisite)
- Comfortable engaging in the English language
- Committed to working with OpenAQ and your fellow ambassadors in a collaborative virtual environment across multiple time zones
- Interested in maintaining ongoing mutual relationships with OpenAQ and your fellow ambassadors after the close of the program
- Able to commit at least 200 hours over the course of the program, with an average time commitment of 5 hours per week
About the organisation
OpenAQ is a nonprofit organization providing universal access to air quality data to empower a global community of changemakers to solve air inequality—the unequal access to clean air.