India Clean Air Connect aims to help unlock barriers to air quality action in India at scale
Our goal is to support greater coordination, & collaboration across people working on air quality from diverse expertise and geographies
Visit the air quality champion map
India Clean Air Connect is a response to air quality convenings hosted by the India Climate Collaborative, Clean Air Fund, ClimateWorks Foundation and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in 2019 and 2020.
India's air pollution is not limited to one city or one source
Solving for India's air pollution crisis means:
Aligning efforts across different disciplines to address multiple sources of pollution
Improving air quality in all 124 non-attainment cities, 73 polluted industrial clusters and more
Amplifying and strengthening existing efforts and networks
124 Non-attainment cities
73 Critically polluted industrial clusters
If your work seeks to improve India’s air quality through communication, advocacy, research, policy change, planning, litigation, community engagement or market-based solutions, join #IndiaCleanAirConnect
The India Program Head, EPIC India will lead the programmatic aspects of a growing, multifunctional team of EPIC India staff and will serve as the public face of EPIC India to government partners, media, and all other stakeholders, both internal and external. The India Program Head, EPIC India must understand energy and environmental research, have deep knowledge of the Indian energy and environmental policy landscape at the national and state level, and have a broad network in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. They will act as the bridge between EPIC India and the global EPIC team.
- Advanced degree in economics, energy/environmental policy, public policy, management, law or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a similar policy and research environment.
- Deep knowledge and network in Indian regarding energy, environmental and climate policy.
- Demonstrated oversight of an independent organization and its people.
- Skilled in development and fundraising with institutions and individuals in an Indian and global context.
- Exceptional attention to detail, advanced writing and presentation skills for communicating policy lessons from academic papers in ways that are straightforward for policymakers.
- Clear, precise, non-technical writing, as well as confident and effective public speaking skills.
- Understanding of the India media market.
- Proven ability to multitask and successfully complete projects on a tight deadline.
- Willingness to work hard, self-motivated, and learn is essential for this position.
- Oversight and ability to engage well qualified staff, motivate staff in research, policy and capacity building roles, monitor their work and assist in career development
- Create and maintain a collegial work culture that emphasizes teamwork, results and good work life balance.
- A strong understanding of energy and environmental policy is necessary to ensure an ability to translate and communicate EPIC’s work in an accurate and effective manner.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, ability to solve problems and make effective decision.
About the organisation
EPIC India is an environmental and energy economics research group based at the Trust in New Delhi, India. EPIC India’s mission is to work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify and rigorously evaluate innovative solutions to India’s most pressing energy and environmental problems. Through these activities, EPIC India aims to identify high-value academic research opportunities for the community and communicate EPIC research findings to create lasting impacts on Indian energy and environmental policy.