The Clean Air Fund is looking to recruit a Head of Advocacy to join their team in Strategic Partnerships & Communications. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation whose mission is to use philanthropic grants to catalyse a reduction in air pollution. Despite the growing impact of air pollution on climate and health, international action to tackle the issue falls short. Clean Air Fund seeks to influence power-holders to recognise and respond urgently to the problem and the Head of Advocacy will play a central role in that work.
You will initiate action-orientated research and develop a multi-million dollar portfolio of grants to drive global advocacy and to shape international campaigns that increase political will to achieve clean air standards.
You will work to increase international development spending on air quality, argue alongside climate and health activists for clean air commitments at COPs and push governments to achieve bolder targets for air pollution reductions.
- Significant previous advocacy experience at an international level, designing and delivering strategies that led to demonstrable policy change
- Relevant experience in:developing and implementing advocacy and campaign strategies on air pollution, climate, climate finance, or other related fields, preferably with an international perspective
managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including policy makers.
working at a senior level within an INGO, advocacy or private sector organisation
- Experience and contacts within relevant global institutions, such as the UN agencies, international financial institutions, development agencies, etc.
- Proven ability to develop policy recommendations, identify advocacy opportunities, and generate support for adoption
- Demonstrable ability to facilitate groups and partners to agree common policy goals and campaign tactics
- Experience of working in a range of cultural and socio-economic contexts, adapting style and approach appropriately.
About the organisation
Clean Air Fund is a philanthropic initiative tackling global air pollution. We work with governments, funders, businesses and campaigners to deliver clean air for all as fast as possible.