India Clean Air Connect aims to help unlock barriers to air quality action in India at scale
Our goal is to support greater coordination, & collaboration across people working on air quality from diverse expertise and geographies
Visit the air quality champion map
India Clean Air Connect is a response to air quality convenings hosted by the India Climate Collaborative, Clean Air Fund, ClimateWorks Foundation and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in 2019 and 2020.
India's air pollution is not limited to one city or one source
Solving for India's air pollution crisis means:
Aligning efforts across different disciplines to address multiple sources of pollution
Improving air quality in all 124 non-attainment cities, 73 polluted industrial clusters and more
Amplifying and strengthening existing efforts and networks
124 Non-attainment cities
73 Critically polluted industrial clusters
If your work seeks to improve India’s air quality through communication, advocacy, research, policy change, planning, litigation, community engagement or market-based solutions, join #IndiaCleanAirConnect
The selected candidate will focus on setting up local monitoring systems and support identification and adoption of innovative methods for source attribution. The candidate will work closely with all the stakeholders (government, public, private) related to air quality. The candidate will have the opportunity to provide inputs towards development of air quality watch platform. The ambition of air quality watch platform is to bring the cutting edge of science and information innovation closer to communities who can use the information to drive change.
The candidate will actively participate in development activities such as identifying and writing proposals, engaging with partners and other opportunities. The candidate will be required to independently manage research projects, resources, stakeholder engagement, travel and represent WRI India at various platforms.
- PhD degree in Air Quality, Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development, Engineering, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Transport, Economic Development, or a related discipline from a renowned university.
- Minimum 12 years of highly relevant, full-time work experience. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing
- Highly organized and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to understand and transfer skills and knowledge to a breadth of specialty areas
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build a strong network of professional relationships
- Comfort working with staff at all levels of experience
About the organisation
WRI is a global research organization that works with governments, businesses, multilateral institutions and civil society groups to develop practical solutions that improve people’s lives and ensure nature can thrive. We organize our work around seven global challenges: Food, Forests, Water, Energy, Climate, the Ocean and Cities. We analyze these issues through the lenses of our four Centers of Excellence: Business, Economics, Finance and Equity.