The selected candidate will focus on setting up local monitoring systems and support identification and adoption of innovative methods for source attribution. The candidate will work closely with all the stakeholders (government, public, private) related to air quality. The candidate will have the opportunity to provide inputs towards development of air quality watch platform. The ambition of air quality watch platform is to bring the cutting edge of science and information innovation closer to communities who can use the information to drive change.
The candidate will actively participate in development activities such as identifying and writing proposals, engaging with partners and other opportunities. The candidate will be required to independently manage research projects, resources, stakeholder engagement, travel and represent WRI India at various platforms.
- PhD degree in Air Quality, Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development, Engineering, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Transport, Economic Development, or a related discipline from a renowned university.
- Minimum 12 years of highly relevant, full-time work experience. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing
- Highly organized and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to understand and transfer skills and knowledge to a breadth of specialty areas
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build a strong network of professional relationships
- Comfort working with staff at all levels of experience
About the organisation
WRI is a global research organization that works with governments, businesses, multilateral institutions and civil society groups to develop practical solutions that improve people’s lives and ensure nature can thrive. We organize our work around seven global challenges: Food, Forests, Water, Energy, Climate, the Ocean and Cities. We analyze these issues through the lenses of our four Centers of Excellence: Business, Economics, Finance and Equity.