Energy Advisor (E-Mobility)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
17 Aug 2022
31 Aug 2022
As part of the German Climate and Technology Initiative (DKTI), the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in Germany is supporting the project titled “Promoting the transformation to sustainable and climate-friendly electromobility in India”, which is a first-of its kind sector coupling with a multidisciplinary team from Transport sector and from Energy sector with national and international experts for the implementation of the project. The primary objective of the project is to improve the coupling of transport and energy sectors to achieve the climate friendly e-mobility in Indian cities. The sustainability of e-mobility in India is being supported by the integrated technologicaland institutional transformation of the transport and energy sectors in India. The sustainable and climate friendly e-mobility project would contribute to the implementation of the Indian NDCs.
The responsibilities includes:
- Overall coordination of activities/events under the Project regarding clean energy supply for E-mobility.
- Establish synergy between GIZ, Ministry of Heavy Industries and other partners regarding renewable energy, charging infrastructure, battery and other components on EV supply side.
- Provide technical inputs and policy advice related to sector coupling between energy and transport, energy transformation for mobility sector.
- Documentation of activities, progress, and events.
- Provide innovative and technical inputs to the partners and target groups.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Postgraduate in Electrical/Electrical-Electronic/Mechanical Engineering or Physics or Energy Management or equivalent from reputed university
- Knowledge of the political and environmental situation in India regarding clean energy development, Electric mobility, and climate change.
- Minimum 10 years of overall professional experience.
- At least 7 years of working experience in the domain of Energy Sector.
- At least 1 year of working experience in Electric Vehicle and Charging Infrastructure.
- Practical experience in advising senior technical staff and decision makers in public administrations.
- Experience of working with multilateral/bilateral agencies would be desirable.
- Any prior experience in working with ministries and State/City Government will be an asset.
- Experience with electricity distribution utility will be advantageous Basic skills to understand the SCADA, ICT or related software used in power distribution sector and EV charging infrastructure domain.
- Strong networking and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to navigate effectively and outcome oriented in political environments and multistakeholder settings.
About the organisation
For over 60 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working jointly with partners in India for sustainable economic, ecological, and social development.
The Government of India has launched numerous important initiatives to address the country’s economic, environmental and social challenges, and GIZ is contributing to some of the most significant ones. For example, it supports key initiatives such as Smart Cities, Clean India and Skill India. GIZ, in close cooperation with Indian partners, devises tailor-made, jointly-developed solutions to meet local needs and achieve sustainable and inclusive development.