India Clean Air Connect aims to help unlock barriers to air quality action in India at scale
Our goal is to support greater coordination, & collaboration across people working on air quality from diverse expertise and geographies
Visit the air quality champion map
India Clean Air Connect is a response to air quality convenings hosted by the India Climate Collaborative, Clean Air Fund, ClimateWorks Foundation and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in 2019 and 2020.
India's air pollution is not limited to one city or one source
Solving for India's air pollution crisis means:
Aligning efforts across different disciplines to address multiple sources of pollution
Improving air quality in all 124 non-attainment cities, 73 polluted industrial clusters and more
Amplifying and strengthening existing efforts and networks
124 Non-attainment cities
73 Critically polluted industrial clusters
If your work seeks to improve India’s air quality through communication, advocacy, research, policy change, planning, litigation, community engagement or market-based solutions, join #IndiaCleanAirConnect
The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), India’s leading public policy research institution is looking to expand its big data analytics work to support their efforts to improve urban environment and combat climate change. For this theUrban Labhas been established under the sustainable cities group of CSE that has been working to reduce the energy and pollution footprint of cities, prepare roadmaps to reduce air pollutionand resource intensity from the transportation, housing, and construction sector, assist the stakeholders in the implementation of energy efficiency and pollution control norms.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Conduct research on urban issues like air pollution monitoring, energy consumption, heat stress management etc. Analysis of economic, energy and pollution impact of government policies and programmes and develop strategy for cleaner and healthier future.
• Data mining, wrangling, analysis and visualization. Maintain, update and expand the Urban Lab’s big data bank and analytical codes.
• Write high quality research reports and develop digital tools to support the reports.
• Communication and dissemination of technical and policy-related issues with stakeholders and the public in general.
• Bachelor or Master in Data Science / Civic Technology / Policy and Development Studies. Additional background in Urban Planning / Architecture / Engineering / Environment Sciences would be preferred.
• Candidates having minimum 5-7 years in institutions such as research organizations, civic tech startups, research and development, testing and certification non-profit or academia. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for junior positions.
• If you have enjoy playing with data and have an eye for recognizing relevant information fast, enthusiastic about tracking latest developments, conduct research, believe in making impact, and most importantly have strong interest to work towards improving cities for a better and healthier future then you are the candidate we are looking for.
About the organisation
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi.