India Clean Air Connect aims to help unlock barriers to air quality action in India at scale
Our goal is to support greater coordination, & collaboration across people working on air quality from diverse expertise and geographies
Visit the air quality champion map
India Clean Air Connect is a response to air quality convenings hosted by the India Climate Collaborative, Clean Air Fund, ClimateWorks Foundation and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in 2019 and 2020.
India's air pollution is not limited to one city or one source
Solving for India's air pollution crisis means:
Aligning efforts across different disciplines to address multiple sources of pollution
Improving air quality in all 124 non-attainment cities, 73 polluted industrial clusters and more
Amplifying and strengthening existing efforts and networks
124 Non-attainment cities
73 Critically polluted industrial clusters
If your work seeks to improve India’s air quality through communication, advocacy, research, policy change, planning, litigation, community engagement or market-based solutions, join #IndiaCleanAirConnect
- Create engaging, informative, and well-researched content for various platforms, including social media, website, press releases, brief notes and newsletters in Hindi.
- Translating English content to Hindi with high quality materials for various needs.
- Develop and implement communication strategies and plans to promote the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with media outlets, media persons/journalists to secure coverage and ensure positive representation of the organization.
- Respond to inquiries from the public, media, and other stakeholders in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay up-to-date with the energy and environment sector, industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to continuously provide high-quality content.
- Master’s degree in Journalism/Mass Communication or similar discipline from a reputed institution.
- Candidates with Science Communications/Media Advocacy/Content writing background will be preferred.
Requirements and skills:
- At least 1-2 year of professional experience
- Demonstrable experience in translation and Hindi content writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Hindi and English.
- Knowledge of media relations and experience in securing media coverage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound understanding of energy and environment scenario in India and worldwide.
About the organisation
We are a solution driven organization working towards inspiring people to take action to protect our environment!