India Clean Air Connect aims to help unlock barriers to air quality action in India at scale
Our goal is to support greater coordination, & collaboration across people working on air quality from diverse expertise and geographies
Visit the air quality champion map
India Clean Air Connect is a response to air quality convenings hosted by the India Climate Collaborative, Clean Air Fund, ClimateWorks Foundation and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in 2019 and 2020.
India's air pollution is not limited to one city or one source
Solving for India's air pollution crisis means:
Aligning efforts across different disciplines to address multiple sources of pollution
Improving air quality in all 124 non-attainment cities, 73 polluted industrial clusters and more
Amplifying and strengthening existing efforts and networks
124 Non-attainment cities
73 Critically polluted industrial clusters
If your work seeks to improve India’s air quality through communication, advocacy, research, policy change, planning, litigation, community engagement or market-based solutions, join #IndiaCleanAirConnect
The Clean Air Fund is looking to recruit a Climate Science Advisor to join their team in Programmes. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation whose mission is to use philanthropic grants to catalyse a reduction in air pollution.
As a Climate Science Advisor with Clean Air Fund you would help to act as a technical specialist, conducting research and analysis across a broad range of topics covering air pollution, atmospheric science, climate science and environmental justice, influencing strategic decisions across the organisation.
- University degree, master or equivalent, in environmental science, engineering or a similar discipline related to air pollution, atmospheric science and/or climate mitigation, or equivalent professional experience.
- A level of technical knowledge commensurate with a post-graduate qualification on the topics of air pollution, climate science and their interrelationship.
- Experience in project, programme, or grant management.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically and to be outcome-focused, with experience in working in teams that design and execute strategies on complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to efficiently explain and discuss complex topics in layman’s terms.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office programmes, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
About the organisation
We’re a philanthropic initiative tackling global air pollution. We work with governments, funders, businesses and campaigners to deliver clean air for all as fast as possible.