India Clean Air Connect aims to help unlock barriers to air quality action in India at scale
Our goal is to support greater coordination, & collaboration across people working on air quality from diverse expertise and geographies
Visit the air quality champion map
India Clean Air Connect is a response to air quality convenings hosted by the India Climate Collaborative, Clean Air Fund, ClimateWorks Foundation and Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation in 2019 and 2020.
India's air pollution is not limited to one city or one source
Solving for India's air pollution crisis means:
Aligning efforts across different disciplines to address multiple sources of pollution
Improving air quality in all 124 non-attainment cities, 73 polluted industrial clusters and more
Amplifying and strengthening existing efforts and networks
124 Non-attainment cities
73 Critically polluted industrial clusters
If your work seeks to improve India’s air quality through communication, advocacy, research, policy change, planning, litigation, community engagement or market-based solutions, join #IndiaCleanAirConnect
WSP is seeking an Air Quality Consultant to join our large and growing Environmental technical team in Noida to work with our UK wide national air quality team.
The successful applicant will operate within a team of environmental professionals in Noida and will be part of WSP UK’s Strategic Advisory business, delivering the highest standards of technical work and aiding the continued success of the air quality team by being an integral part of our client focused delivery of projects.
The work will initially have a data handling focus, including GIS deliverables and data analysis of raw survey information gathered by air quality consultants within the UK. There will also be opportunities for the applicant to develop their consultancy skills and undertake air quality modelling, providing input to technical reports and the costing and writing of proposals and other more complex tasks.
You will be joining a well-respected, large and dynamic team with a wide range of clients across different markets and sectors including national and local government, industrial, commercial and scientific sectors.
The successful applicant would be responsible for many of the following:
· Handling, sorting and preparation of data by managing, interpreting and manipulating large data sets
· Screening traffic data supplied in an Excel or GIS format against criteria to determine the inputs to air quality modelling
· Running excel based tools to calculate emissions from traffic data
· Preparing data inputs for modelling and processing the results from such modelling
· Undertaking analysis of survey data
· Actively promoting knowledge sharing with an inclusive nature, developing working relations with all aspects of WSP, gaining internal clients along the way
· Generation of figures for inclusion in publications and/or public consultations
· Preparation of material supporting marketing and bidding
· Supporting more senior colleagues with ad-hoc project tasks
Interested may share their resume: Akanksha.Gupta@wsp.com
We did love to hear from you if you have these essential skills:
· Have an appropriate academic qualification in an environmental, scientific, engineering or related discipline
· Have at least 3 years’ experience in Environmental Consultancy, ideally with air quality experience. We would also consider applicants with mathematical/analyst backgrounds who have experience within consultancy and who have demonstrated a keen interest for the environmental sector
· Are ambitious and appreciate the responsibilities associated with undertaking work in highly technical subject areas
· Have strong communication skills to include fluent written and verbal English with report writing skills such as experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) chapter writing
· Are familiar with sources of air pollution and air quality issues
· Have experience of handling and managing data sets for analysis with strong Excel data analysis skills
· Are skilled and experienced in statistical and spatial data analysis
· Are experienced at using ArcMap GIS software or QGIS
· Have good collaborative working skills requiring the ability to explain complex processes and highly technical subject matters in a way that is logical and understandable – using plain English and experience of interfacing with other disciplines
· Are a good team worker with excellent and demonstrable attention to detail
· Are confident and highly motivated, with good and proactive communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Are able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to project work, whilst delivering technical expertise and working closely with fellow professionals
- Knowledge of the UK planning and permitting process in the relation to the regulation of air quality
- Experience working for a Global Environmental Consultancy
- Are familiar with specialist air quality modelling software such ADMS, ADMS Urban, ADMS Roads, AirViro or CALPUFF
- Knowledge of UK Air Quality legislation and guidance such as the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges would be beneficial
- Knowledge of air pollution chemistry
About the organisation
As part of your application for employment, you will be submitting personal data to WSP. The Privacy Statement [hyperlink]sets out how we will look after your data submitted to us. By applying to this job you share your consent that you have understood what we will do with the data you submit, if you do not wish to share consent, please do not apply.