The Centre for Policy Research (CPR) invites applications for a Research Consultant to work with its Initiative on Climate, Energy, and Environment (CPR-ICEE). The candidate will be expected to support and further ongoing work on climate policy in the national – and international – context. This will involve conducting research and writing extensively on the role of emissions-economy modelling in policymaking in particular, as well as potentially engaging on topics such as climate finance, carbon markets, and other elements of long-term low carbon development.
- Conducting literature reviews and original research
- Undertaking quantitative and qualitative data collection using varying research methods as needed
- Drafting academic manuscripts, policy briefs, op-eds, and other forms of dissemination of research
- Assisting with ongoing project work, including engaging with stakeholders, presenting research ideas, and participating in discussions
- Contributing to broader CPR-ICEE activities as required
- Master’s degree in disciplines related to development and environment
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant work/research experience, with at least one published manuscript
- Demonstrated interest in climate policy; familiarity with emissions-economy modelling is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with climate finance and econometric methods is preferred
- Strong competence with MS-Office, including MS-Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
About the organisation
The Centre for Policy Research (CPR) has been one of India’s leading public policy think tanks since 1973. CPR is a non-profit, non-partisan, independent institution dedicated to conducting research that contributes to high quality scholarship, better policies, and a more robust public discourse about the issues that impact life in India. CPR brings together India’s best thinkers and policy practitioners who are at the forefront of both research and engagement in the policy space, drawing from various disciplines and professional backgrounds. CPR conducts advanced and in-depth research on a wide range of policy-relevant issues, with a focus on India’s 21st-century challenges. Through its research and policymaking engagements, CPR works closely with policymakers in its aim to place India firmly on the path of building a twentyfirst century policy ecosystem.